What is MPMM?
Invented by Method123 and perfected over 10 years, MPMM is a Project Management Methodology which describes in detail the phases, activities and tasks required to undertake a project from end-to-end. Every task within the Project Life Cycle is described in depth, providing you with all of the knowledge and tools required to deliver projects successfully.
Whether you intend to manage an entire project or complete a single project task (such as undertaking a Feasibility Study, creating a Project Plan or performing Change Control), this product tells you how. By using MPMM, you can:
- Put in place a standard framework for undertaking projects
- Read in depth, how to undertake every phase, activity and task within a project
- Learn best practices and use repeatable processes for Project Management
- Complete project templates (in Word and Excel) to create project deliverables
- Read examples to understand how other projects have delivered successfully
Who uses MPMM?
MPMM is currently used by more than 45,000 people around the world to undertake projects and teach best-practice project management principles. Users include Project Managers, Business Managers, Project Team Members, Lecturers, Students, Consultants, Trainers and Trainees.
The following diagram describes how customers use MPMM to meet their goals.
Why should I use MPMM?
It's well known that a large percentage of projects fail to deliver the benefits expected by the business. In fact according to The Standish Group, more than 70% of projects fail to deliver on time, within budget and to specification. So why do so many projects fail to meet the customers' requirements? Poor sponsorship, lack of defined requirements, and miscommunication between the project team and stakeholders are some of the most common causes.
However the most frequent cause of project failure is the lack of adoption of a Project Management Methodology. Without using a methodology from the outset:
- Project Teams start building deliverables without defining the project's scope and objectives
- Project roles and responsibilities are unclear, and lines of communications are undefined
- There are no quality targets set, so it's difficult to know when deliverables are really finished
- The customer can never be certain of the project's progress or when it is likely to be complete
- Project Managers must attempt to manage change, risks and issues "on the fly".
It's no surprise that many projects are cancelled before they even reach the planning stage of the project. A best practice Project Management Methodology provides structured processes at the outset for initiating, planning, executing and closing projects. MPMM helps you define your project objectives, create comprehensive project plans and establish the processes required to monitor and control your projects effectively. By using this best practice methodology, you will:
- Reduce time spent completing project deliverables
- Decrease cost by saving time and effort to build deliverables
- Minimize change, risks and issues by defining your project properly before you begin
- Assure quality of deliverables, increasing your likely of meeting the customer's requirements
- Monitor and control the project more efficiently, especially during the Execution phase
- Manage suppliers more effectively with comprehensive supplier contracts
- Improve staff performance by clarifying roles, responsibilities and delivery expectations
- Increase the likelihood of achieving overall project success.
MPMM stands out in the worldwide Project Management marketplace, because it:
- Is incredibly comprehensive and affordable
- Was created by real Project Managers, undertaking real projects
- Is suitable for business owners, managers, teams, consultants, trainers and students
- Includes thousands of charts, tables, templates, examples and real life examples
- Covers every aspect of the Project Management Life Cycle, from initiation to closure
- Adds depth to the PMBOK® and Prince2 ® worldwide project management standards
- Suits projects of all types, sizes, industries and countries
How will I benefit from MPMM?
By using MPMM, you will greatly improve the likelihood of delivering your project successfully. The following table describes the additional benefits associated with adopting MPMM:
Whether you're a manager, team member, consultant, trainer, lecturer or student, you will benefit greatly from adopting the Method123 Project Management Methodology (MPMM) for your projects.
Which projects are suitable?
MPMM is suitable for projects of all sizes. Whether your project has a budget of $1,000 or $100 million, MPMM provides a standardized approach to achieving success. To ensure that MPMM is directly suitable to your project environment, we have listed the most suitable activities for small, medium and large projects within a Project Sizing matrix.
MPMM is a broad-based Project Management methodology and it is one of few methodologies in the market which applies to a wide spectrum of industries. Examples of industries which currently use this methodology include:
Regardless of your industry, MPMM will add value to your project by providing a powerful framework for delivering it quickly and efficiently.
Why is it best practice?
To ensure that the phases, activities and tasks defined in MPMM are best practice, we have aligned the content with the principles set out by the worldwide Project Management Institute (PMI®) as defined within "A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK® Guide). The PMBOK is the worldwide standard for best-practice Project Management. See www.pmi.org for more information.
MPMM is also aligned with Prince2®, the European standard for project management. Click here if you would like to view a 'best practice comparison' between MPMM, the PMBOK® and Prince2®.
If you want to deliver projects on time and within budget, then select your MPMM Edition below...
"This project management methodology is very impressive. It includes a wealth of information describing how to manage projects, and it's really easy to navigate."